Utility Construction Contractors
From the BITCO Program Manager
Focus onUtility Construction Contractors
For more than 80 years BITCO has been designing custom programs to fit the requirements of the construction industry. Through this experience, we have come to understand the specific needs of the utility construction contractor.
The construction industry remains in a growth period. More cities are moving power lines underground. And, with record growth in Internet use, we will continue to see expansion in the fiber optics business.
With BITCO, utility construction contractors benefit from broad coverages and special programs.
BITCO understands the specific needs of the utility construction contractor.
- Water line construction
- Sewer line construction
- Underground conduit construction
- Telephone line construction
- Cable TV line construction
- Horizontal directional drilling
- Low pressure gas main construction
For many contractors BITCO represents the best in efficient local underwriting delivery, high-impact customer service, responsive products and impeccable financial security.
With BITCO you will benefit from:
- Premium management including competitive rates and flexible payment plans. Payroll reporting to pay as you work is helpful during seasonal peaks.
- Personalized risk control service to help reduce the frequency and severity of losses.
- Prompt claims handling with 24 hours of first notice of loss.
Lines of Coverage
- Workers compensation
- Comprehensive general liability - optional coverages per project aggregate include:
- Blasting operations
- Automatic additional insured coverage
- Limited contractors worksite pollution coverage
- Blanket waiver of subrogation
- Redefines insured contract for construction within 50 feet of railroad
- Fellow employee
- Care, custody or control $25,000 per occurrence/$100,000 aggregate
- Contractors equipment and equipment rental
- Underground coverage for contractors equipment
- Installation floater
- Business income including extra expense